What to Do While You’re Home
During this time of uncertainty, staying put at home is the best way to keep ourselves and others safe. I really enjoy being home; the possibilities are endless when it comes to the ways of having fun at home. Here are my recommendations to take your mind off of the sad news while also taking a break from social media.
Here are some fun things to do to make the best of the free time you may have while you’re home:
- Binge watch: Netflix, PureFlix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, etc. are great places to watch new shows and movies. Amazon even has movies that are currently in theaters available to watch at home!
- Spa night at home: Pamper yourself with your favorite skin care, paint your nails, light some candles, and relax.
- Karaoke: Who doesn’t love some fun karaoke?!
- Play your favorite instrument or teach yourself to play.
- Read the Bible or a devotional: The devotional I’m reading right now.
- Draw: Get your creative juices flowing with some artwork. Draw a picture that you can frame and hang or color in an adult coloring book. My favorite is this coloring Bible! Draw on your iPad with the Apple Pencil.
- Exercise inside: Now’s a great time to take advantage of any exercise equipment you have at home. Take a walk or run on a treadmill, indoor cycle, practice some yoga, or do some sit-ups or pushups. As you know, I love Peloton. They’re now offering a 90-day free trial of their app.
- Bake/cook: Have fun making a new dish or baked good; makes for a fun date night.
- Board games: Check out my favorite board games here.
- iPad games: Browse the App Store and find a new game to play.
- Listen to music: Turn up your favorite tunes and take a break from the news.
- Play with pets: Being home 24/7 gives you more time to spoil your favorite furry friend.
- Clean house: Take the time to deep clean your house.
- Organize your house/redecorate: Now’s a great time to tackle an organization project or to have fun redecorating your house by moving around decor to different rooms – go shopping in your own house 😉
- Complete a house project: With our time off of work, we installed hardwood floors in our master bedroom. So excited about it!
- Enjoy your backyard: Staying at home doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the outdoors – sit out on your balcony or in your backyard to enjoy the beauty of outside.
- Podcasts: Listen to your fave podcasts or discover new ones. Here’s mine.
- Virtual church and online Bible studies: Watch church from the comfort of your own home and join online Bible studies. I just joined the Anxious for Nothing Online Bible Study with Max Lucado for free.
- Online shopping: Nothing beats some retail therapy 😉 Shop my faves here.
- Read: While you’re home, take the time to read the book or ebook you didn’t have the chance yet to.
- New hobby: Dive into a hobby you’ve always wanted to.
- Play with makeup: Have fun experimenting with new makeup looks. The combinations are endless with LipSense and ShadowSense!
- Online tours: Explore the world from your living room. The Winchester Mystery house is offering a free virtual tour for a limited time here. Lots of other cool places and museums can be visited virtually here.
- Facetime: Keep in touch via video.