Don’t let the winter blues stop you from wearing a dress. Here are my tips for how I like to style a dress during the cold, wet months:
- Wear a cute and comfy sweater dress. Not only are sweater dresses super stylish, but the thicker material and a turtleneck design help to keep you warmer. Here’s one just like the one I’m wearing.
- Wear tights. I’m obsessed with these Gucci tights. They’re a really good price-point for Gucci. Tights add a great functional aspect as well as design to your dress or skirt. I wore these all day while out in Yountville (it even sprinkled), and my legs weren’t cold! I highly recommend having black tights as a staple item in your wardrobe.
- Add a scarf. One way to easily add warmth and design to a solid dress is to wear a colorful or patterned scarf. Here’s my new, favorite scarf which is pink and shimmery, of course 😉 Scarves are great because you can take them off when you’re warm – so you can have two different looks! Here’s a scarf that is similar to mine – it’s only $15.99 and comes in a ton of colors!
- Tie your outfit together with a trench or wool coat. I just love the look of a fancier jacket that covers almost the entire dress when worn. It makes for a sophisticated look. I chose to wear my black trench coat. I couldn’t find the exact one to link to, but found a similar one from Macy’s here.
- Wear booties or knee-high boots. If you’re wearing tights, booties are the way to go. But if you’re not, you can totally rock knee-high boots which will keep your legs warm at the same time. Here are my fave knee-high boots (I’ve had them for years!).
I linked to everything below. Let me know if you have any questions!