How to make a really healthy and quick dinner for cheap
I’m definitely not a good cook, but I thought I would share my new favorite dinner (or lunch) – it’s super healthy and easy to make! It’s a quinoa, rice, beans, and veggie bowl. We bought all of the food for it from Costco (besides the corn from Lucky), and on average the dinner costs roughly only $4 per person! We love shopping at Costco because there’s always a lot more servings left in the big Costco bags. I’m sure you can still find similar supplies from other grocery stores if you don’t shop at Costco.
Here’s what I did to make it:
- 1. Heat up a can of pinto beans on the stove.
- 2. Microwave one quinoa and garlic bag – comes frozen in a big bag from Costco with several individual bags
- 3. Microwave a bag of Seeds of Change Quinoa & Brown Rice – it’s my favorite rice – tastes really good and only takes 90 seconds to heat, plus it’s healthy. Costco sells a box of them at a good deal, and they’re on sale right now.
- 4. Sauté veggies on the stove. Or an even easier way: this time I just microwaved a bunch of veggies from the large frozen bag of Normandy vegetables from Costco – broccoli, carrots, yellow carrots, and cauliflower. The frozen veggies come in handy so you don’t have to worry about your produce going bad too soon.
- 5. Finally, mix all the ingredients together and enjoy! You can top with your favorite sauce, or simply eat it plain. It tastes really good, is super healthy, and is filling!
In case you were wondering, my low bowl is from Crate & Barrel here. – If you’re looking for a nice dinner plate that is stylish, and that you don’t have to worry about food slipping off your plate, you should check out the ‘low bowl’ style. I absolutely love it! Love the good quality of Crate & Barrel plates. I have a whole blush pink set of their plates, bowls, etc. Unfortunately they don’t sell the blush color anymore, but thankfully I had stocked up a couple years ago when they first came out 😉