Girls and Guys Guide: What to Get Your Valentine
Can’t believe that Valentine’s Day is already around the corner! That means that there’s less than a month till the day to show your true love how much you appreciate them. I’m sharing some of my ideas for different and creative ways to express your love. It’s always important to remember that you don’t have to buy extravagant gifts to impress your significant other – an easy night at home together can be even more memorable! I also compiled some of my recommendations and ideas for easy and thoughtful gift ideas.
At Home Ideas
I think that the best gift is the gift of an amazing memory together. Here are some experience ‘gifts’ to appreciate your Valentine right in the comfort of your own home:
- Movie night at home: There’s something so fun about staying in to watch a romantic comedy together while snacking next to the fireplace aglow. And you don’t have to worry about fighting the Valentine’s Day crowds at the theatre. Gift/date idea: Purchase an iTunes card ahead a time and gift it to pick out a movie together. Get some snacks and popcorn ahead of time to make it feel like a real date.
- Cook a meal kit dinner together: Pick up an Amazon meal kit from Whole Foods or find a fun recipe online to try. Danny and I have recently loved the risotto Amazon meal kit from Whole Foods. The first time we got it, we made it as a date night! Cooking together is so fun, and we learned how to make risotto – score! It’s like having your own Sur La Table cooking class at home. Tip: Have all the ingredients/meal kit prepped beforehand.
- Host your own wine tasting: Have your own private tasting at home! Purchase several different types wines to taste – Cabernet, Pinot noir, Chardonnay, etc. You can even mix with cheeses/meats/dried fruits/nuts or desserts. Blind wine tasting is also a fun idea! Here are some wine tasting accessories:
Going Out Ideas
Here are some fun ideas to impress your Valentine if you’re going out:
- Fancy dinner: Get dressed up and wine and dine your Valentine at his or her favorite restaurant or a new, fancy place that you’ve never been to before. It’s always fun trying new places together!
- Shopping: In my opinion you can’t go wrong with a shopping date! It’s so much fun. Check out some new shops and get some coffee and snacks while you’re out and about.
- Go for a hike: If you’re both active and love nature, take a fun hike together. Check out a local park or visit places like Mount Diablo, the Los Gatos Creek Trail, or even Angel Island.
- Explore a new city: Take a day trip and explore somewhere new that you’ve never been together! There’s something magical about the adventure of discovering a new place together. Even stay for a night or two to make it a little trip.
Last but not least, here are my gift ideas! One gift I got Danny years ago, is this Love Letter book. It’s really special because you can handwrite letters and messages to your significant other for them to read down the road (or now). He loves it! It makes it super easy to keep track of letters that I’ve written to him to look back on.
Dress for Valentine’s Day
And here are some super cute looks to dress for Valentine’s Day: