Easy and Cheap Hair Hacks
I thought it would be really fun to share some of my hair styling hacks!
- Use travel-size hair spray. It sounds weird, but my favorite hair hack is using travel-size hair spray! I came up with the idea after having to stop using so many clogged, big and expensive hair sprays that I couldn’t unclog anymore. I purchased this travel hair spray for a trip that we were going on, and loved it because the spray nozzle didn’t become clogged like my big bottle sprays! Plus it’s super cheap – less than $1.50! It’s crazy, but the travel hair spray has lasted longer than my big bottles due to the spray nozzle 😉 Plus if I want to try a new brand next time, it’s super cheap! It’s also a great size to toss in your purse for on-the-go.
- Pony-O: Have you heard of the really popular Pony-O yet? I first saw it on Facebook and had to give it a try. I love it! It turns a simple pony tail into a more elegant hairstyle! It’s a super easy way to dress up and add volume to your pony tail.
- Dry Shampoo: I love using this travel-size dry shampoo to add some extra volume to my roots or remove any excess grease. It’s a super easy to give your hair a little lift.
- Save an extra pump for your favorite hair product: I love using the It’s a 10 as my leave-in detangler. Just in case the pump for it stops working, I’ve kept an extra from my previous bottle. It’s a simple way to make sure you have a back up plan for your favorite hair product instead of having to buy a new one.
- Salt spray for natural curls and waves: I have naturally curly hair and love spraying some salt spray on my hair when I let it air dry (or blow dry). The salt helps to accentuate the curls. It’s a super simple and easy way to give your hair beachy vibes.
- Bobby pins: I love using bobby pins to pin back my hair! They’re really cheap and can create pretty, yet simple hairstyles as well as very elegant ones. They work for short hair and long hair. And in case you didn’t already know, using the bobby pin with the straight edge up (ridges against your head) will let the pin stay in your hair even better.
What are some of your hair hacks? I’d love to hear them!