Starting and growing your blog or online business can sound scary at first, but trust me, it’s actually really fun and exciting! I started Graceful Glam going on 2 years ago (in January) and each day I enjoy trying to better it. It’s fun to give yourself attainable goals and challenges to strive for. A recent question about how I got started spurred me to share my ideas. If you have any questions about starting and growing your business or online presence, feel free to reach out to me anytime! And if you’re interested in joining SeneGence, I would be extremely honored for you to be on my team. Feel free to hit me up if you need a RewardStyle referral.
Here are 9 simple tips that have helped me along the way:
- Strong social media presence: You for sure will want a strong Social Media presence. Creating a Facebook group to invite all of your friends and family to is a perfect starting point. Pinterest, Instagram, etc. are all ways that you can help build your presence and be available to others. Once you have your Social Media set, creating your webpage is crucial. That way your followers know where to access you and your products/information. *Coalesce: If you know that you’ll be busy and won’t have time to post for a few days, schedule your posts ahead of time with Facebook.
- Research: Don’t stop researching and discovering new tips to share with your followers. I’m constantly trying to learn even more about the products, fashion trends, etc. Keeping up on the best editing apps, hashtags, styles, etc. will help keep your business refreshed and relevant.
- Consistency: This is a huge one. Having a consistent posting schedule lets your followers know that they can depend on you. Keep up your hard work and don’t feel discouraged if your post or picture doesn’t gain a ton of ‘likes’ – just because people don’t like/comment on your posts doesn’t mean that they’re not still viewing them and looking forward to them!
- Great Customer Service: Great customer service stems from always taking care of your customers and relating to them. Including a handwritten thank you note lets your customers know how special they are to you. If your customers have a great experience, they’ll be more likely to recommend you to their friends.
- Connect: Connecting with people is one of my favorite aspects of Graceful Glam! Following new people on Instagram is a fun and great way to connect and meet new friends.
- Be Creative: What’s so fun about having your own business is that you can be your own boss and be as creative as you’d like! You can also work from anywhere that you want. Having a designated space to run my business from helps to spur creativity for me – I love my little shop!
- Relate: Be yourself! Don’t try to change yourself to impress others. People love who you are and relate best to you when you’re authentic.
- Take your business slow and steady: Another big tip is that it takes time to build a business (Rome wasn’t built in a day after all 😉 ). Setting attainable and encouraging goals helps me to keep aspiring and growing.
- Have fun and help others: This is the most important! Loving what you do is key! If you love what you do, it will shine to others. Remembering that helping others is your main goal puts your audience at the forefront of your business. My hope is that Graceful Glam brings happiness to others – whether it’s by sharing a tip or finding that perfect smudge-proof lip color! 💕
Thanks for reading, and I wish you success with your blog or business!